Taking precautionary measures to keep acne from happening is the best way of how to cure acne. Acne is a skin condition that occurs when oil, dead skin cells and dirt combine and clog the pores of the skin. Acne-causing bacteria then grow under the skin, and they eventually manifest into whiteheads, blackheads and pimples. If acne is severe, pustules may form and bacteria may spread and trigger other skin conditions.
Obviously, keeping the skin pores open is the best way of how to cure acne or even prevent it. A lot of people experience the occasional acne, and they often need to know how to cure acne before it becomes worse.
Many who want to know how to cure acne often turn to over-the-counter acne medications. These medications often contain benzoyl peroxide. Most contain 5% benzoyl peroxide, with 10% benzoyl peroxide as the maximum or strongest dilution available not requiring a prescription.
Benzoyl peroxide effectively kills acne-causing bacteria. It penetrates deep down into the skin pores and breaks down the dirt, oil and dead skin cells that clog the pores. Benzoyl peroxide is considered the most common way of how to cure acne. Although benzoyl peroxide is a common ingredient used in over-the-counter acne medications, it is not something that every acne sufferer can use. For some, benzoyl peroxide can irritate the skin, and cause burns and rashes. If you experience redness, irritation or burning sensation after using benzoyl peroxide, stop using the acne product right away. Find another way of how to cure acne. One method is light treatment. People who react to benzoyl peroxide can use light therapy to treat their acne condition.
A lot of people use make-up to cover their blemishes. However, make-up is not a recommended way of how to cure acne. Most cosmetics have oils that will only make acne problems worse. Keep in mind that blemishes are the result of excess oil that are clogging the skin pores. Covering the blemishes with make-up that has oils will only worsen the condition. If you need to cover blemishes with make-up, use oil-free cosmetic products.
Exfoliating is another way of how to cure acne as well as prevent acne breakouts. Wash your face using gentle soap two or three times each day. When scrubbing your face, avoid using abrasive cloth as doing so will only force dirt, oil and dead skin cells deeper into the skin pores.
You do Have Options: Natural Cures for Acne
Acne is a very common skin condition, one that typically occurs as a result of an overproduction of oil in the skin. This excess oil ends up clogging the pores in the skin and as a result pimples and cysts appear. Almost everyone suffers from a bit of acne at some point in their life, and it often is not a problem at all.
There are cases however where the acne becomes too much or occurs too frequently and this is the point at which something needs to be done. Some people suffer from acne that is so severe that it actually begins to affect their sense of self and their general well-being.
Natural Cures for Acne
The treatments that we hear about most for acne involve some sort of prescription medication, but you should know that there are also natural cures for acne that are available. This is good news for those people who would rather stick to safe, alternative methods of treatment as opposed to the more common, conventional methods.
There are actually quite a few different natural cures for acne that have proven to be quite effective. One involves garlic, and this remedy for acne has actually been used for centuries. All you need to do is rub the skin on your body that is affected by acne with raw garlic several times a day, and this can actually help to relieve even the toughest of acne problems.
The coriander and mint juice therapy for acne is also very effective even with the most severe conditions, and for this recipe you need to mix a teaspoon of coriander juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. You apply this mixture onto the face after a thorough wash, and leave it on for several minutes before rinsing off.
Zinc is another of the best natural cures for acne. The best way to take zinc is in therapeutic doses of 50mg a day, and it is available in table and capsule form. You may have to speak to your doctor about getting a prescription, but there are also many zinc products that you can purchase right over the counter.
The best idea when it comes to natural cures for acne is to do a bit of trial and error. Everyone is different, and everyone’s acne condition is different as well. It may take a bit of time to find out what works for you but it will be well worth it once you do.
More Acne Cures Articles ...
- Livro The Acne Cure: Diagnosis and Treatment of Acne STEPHEN TITUS, MD, and JOSHUA HODGE, MD, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Family Medicine Residency, Fort Belvoir, Virginia Best Cure For Acne On Face Jan 16, 2018. From cleansers to spot treatments, read on for some of...
- Can Tetracycline Cure Pimples: An ever-widening variety of treatment options for Adult Acne are available, from. Oral antibiotics (tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline) can be very effective at. For both Broken Capillaries and Facial Redness there are amazing results to be achie...
- Cure Cystic Acne Quickly: “I found the cure for acne”! That’s what I couldn’t stop telling everyone in my family just after 3 days of using cod liver oil. It worked for me. Acne occurs when the pores of your face, neck, back and chest become clogged and trap the skin oil insi...
- How To Cure Your Acne Condition In 3 Days: Download MDacne - Custom Acne Treatment and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, to get rid of acne, you need treatment that is personalized to your unique skin condition. 3. Acne treatment crafted just for you is sent to your doorstep 60-day. For light to...
- Homeopathic Cure Acne Vulgaris: by: De Vries, Jan, Dr.H.Med., Ph.D., D.Ac., D.O., N.D. Dr. de Vries is the director of seven health clinics in Britain, including the Mokoiya Health Centre in Troon. Does Garlic Help Cure Acne This is how acne is formed. Poor hygiene and resulting in...